Enchilada Pie

A great recipe for those of us who love Mexican food, and who are looking for a new idea for ground beef!

1 lb ground beef
onion*
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 TB chili powder
8 oz tomato sauce
6 corn tortillas
1 can ( 4 1/2 oz) sliced olives
1 1/2 c cheese
water

Brown beef & onion (to taste - 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion, chopped). Add spices and tomato sauce. In a 2-qt casserole, layer ingredients in 2 or 3 layers: tortillas (torn up into 5 or 6 pcs each), meat mixture, olives, cheese (then repeat). Add 1 cup water at the end - that might sound weird but it's important! Just pour it over the top. Bake at 400, covered, for 20 minutes.

I serve it with a generous dollop of sour cream, refried beans, and iceberg lettuce. I'll add a picture to this post next time I make it!


Recipe courtesy of my mom

1 comment:

Kate said...

Making this tonight! Just wanted you to know that I refer to this blog often. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin