Easy Orange Rolls

I wanted a touch of sweetness with dinner the other night, and I had Rhodes rolls on hand so I looked online to find an orange rolls recipe using frozen Rhodes rolls. They were delicious! The recipe calls for 12 but I made 15, and I just increased the other ingredients by a little bit.



Jenna's Orange Rolls

12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1 medium orange rind, grated
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:

1 c powdered sugar
1 T butter, melted
3 T orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix grated orange rind with sugar. Roll each roll into a 9" rope. Tie in a loose knot. Roll each knot in melted butter and then in rind/sugar mixture. Place on a large sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. Remove wrap. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack. Brush with citrus glaze while still warm.


Here's a little rolls tip for us warm-weather folks: last week I needed to make 48 rolls for another family and I didn't have time to make them from scratch so I went with Rhodes. But then I realized I was still short on time for them to thaw & rise. Molly, my 9-yr-old, had a great idea, "Mom, why don't you put them outside where it's really warm?" Perfect! I put them on greased (sprayed w/ Pam) sheet pans, and covered them tight with plastic wrap that I'd also sprayed. I set them out in the sun, on a nice flat spot where the dog couldn't reach them, and in just over an hour of being in 100+ degree heat they had thawed and risen and were ready to bake!




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin