Frozen Fruit Sherbet Dessert

This is one of my favorite treats in the summertime! It's so easy and so delicious. For special occasions my family eats it with Aunt Jessie's Buttermilk Cake, which I will post soon...



1 carton (1.5 qt) pineapple sherbet (I've only seen it at Fry's/Kroger's)
1 16-oz container of frozen sliced strawberries (sweetened is fine)
3 bananas, sliced or chopped

Leave sherbet out to thaw, just soft enough to mix the other ingredients in. Also, let the strawberries thaw out (or they may need a little help in the microwave). In a large bowl, mix strawberries (along with the juices) and banana slices into the sherbet. You can return the mixture to the freezer in the original sherbet container or use a slightly larger container... if you use the original container you'll have a little extra that won't fit; perfect for a hot afternoon treat to reward yourself!

This freezes quite solid and is hard to scoop right out of the freezer, so get it out a little while before serving.

2 comments:

Alisa@Foodista said...

Oh that is just delicious!I like your blog!I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to bring over our readers to your site if you wont mind, just add this little foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

Kate said...

Just made this! Yummmmmmm!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin