Chicken Burritos

I am thrilled to have discovered another dinner that my kids will eat!

Last night I used these smaller chicken breast portions since that's what I had in the freezer, but of course regular boneless-skinless chicken breasts will do.

After thawing them out I put them in a skillet on medium heat. I salted & peppered both sides of the chicken, and sprinkled cumin on them (since I really like cumin). Then I poured about 1/3 cup of salsa (any kind will do) over them and a handful of frozen corn.








I covered the skillet and let it cook until the chicken was cooked through, turning it occasionally. With these smallish chicken portions that only took about 10 minutes. Then I took it off the heat and pulled the meat apart into small pieces with two forks:




I returned the skillet to the burner and let it simmer on medium-low for several minutes, covered, while I prepared the rest of the dinner: refried beans, diced tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese, sour cream, and of course flour tortillas.

Tip: microwave your tortilla for about 10 seconds before assembling your burrito. If the tortillas are especially dry, give it a little spray of water from a spray bottle before microwaving.


This was easy, quick (about half an hour total), and made from ingredients I always have on hand anyway - we'll be having this yummy dinner a lot!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin