Cinnamon-Sugar Chex Mix

A few months ago, all Chex cereals were heavily marked down at my local grocery store so I bought several of them.  Turns out, my kids don't love Chex when eaten as a cereal.  So, when I needed to make a treat to bring in to my son's classroom today I thought of making a Chex mix and I came up with the following recipe which turned out delicious!  And, it uses up some of our extensive Chex supply!

Cinnamon-Sugar Chex Mix

3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Corn Chex
1 package microwave popcorn, popped
2-3 c mini pretzels or pretzel sticks
1 c white chocolate chips
(nuts - optional.  I didn't add any to this because one of my son's classmates has a peanut allergy)
1/2 c butter (one stick)
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Mix cinnamon & sugar together, set aside.  Melt butter in a small bowl.  In a large, microwave-safe bowl, mix both kinds of Chex, popcorn, pretzels, and white chocolate chips.  Stir to combine.  Drizzle with butter (all of it) and stir until it's evenly coated.  Microwave 1 minute; then stir.  The white chocolate chips will melt and help to coat the other ingredients and give it a nice layer of sweetness!  Microwave another minute.  Stir.  Sprinkle half the cinnamon/sugar mixture and stir it around; microwave 1 minute.  Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon/sugar mixture and stir it around; microwave 1 minute.  Stir.  Microwave 1 minute.  Stir.  Microwave 1 minute.  Stir.  Spread out on waxed paper to cool; store in an air-tight container.  This will fill up a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin