Easy roast & gravy

I got this recipe from Real Mom Kitchen, except her instructions called for putting the roast in the oven and I opted for the Crock Pot instead. My oh my, this was easy and delicious.

1 medium-sized roast; any kind... I had one I'd bought a few months ago on sale for $4 that had been hiding at the bottom of my chest freezer and it was perfect!
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet brown gravy mix
salt & pepper

Sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides of the meat, put in crock pot. Turn on to low. In a small bowl, combine both soups (not diluted!) and gravy mix. Pour mixture over meat (it will be pretty thick). Cook for several hours until meat is tender. I made this Sunday and I had forgotten to start it before church, so I started mine at noon and it was done by five (although I had the crock pot on "high" during part of that time since I was worried about it being done).

This was so good! Once the moisture & fat from the meat combines with the sauce it ends up making a great gravy consistency. I skimmed some fat off the top of it because it was a fairly fatty roast to begin with. Making the mashed potatoes was definitely the hardest part of this meal.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Remind me not to look at your blog at 10:00pm. I am so hungry now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin