Pumpkin Crumb Cake


1 18.25 oz package yellow cake mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c butter, melted
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c white sugar
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 T butter, softened
1/2 c chopped nuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease one 9x13 pan.

Reserve 1 cup cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry cake mix with 1 egg and 1/2 c melted butter. Mix well, and then pat into prepared pan.

In a large bowl (I used the same bowl), mix together the pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/2 c white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over crust.

In a medium bowl, combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 c sugar, and 3 T softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top, if desired.

Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.


I got this recipe from my friend Stephanie's blog and I served it a to a crowd this morning. It was a hit! I didn't include nuts because I had decided pecans would be best, but then I didn't have any when I went to bake it. I will use pecans next time.

This is so tasty but it's best the first day; after it has been covered up for a while the top loses its nice crunch (but it's still perfectly delicious).


Recipe courtesy of
allrecipes.com, photo courtesy of Stephanie

3 comments:

Danika said...

This looks heavenly! Of course I'm a pumpkin fanatic. I have yet to meet a pumpkin dessert I didn't like...

Kate said...

How crazy! I made this TODAY! I liked it better after it sat for a couple of hours. I tried it right away (still warm) and didn't love it (liked it). But when it cooled it was delicious. I gave some away, but I guess I'll have to have another piece since it might not be so delicious tomorrow. I put pecans on top. Yum.

Kristina said...

This is totally yummy. I certainly don't come to choir for dessert, but don't tell Sara that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin