Ranch Roasted Potatoes

Such an easy side dish that even my picky kids will eat!


4-5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1" cubes are good)
1 packet of Ranch dressing mix
olive oil
salt & pepper


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss peeled/cubed potatoes in a big bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil, and Ranch mix. Mix it well so that every piece of potato is covered. Tonight for dinner I thought it needed a little additional spice so I added some salt & pepper too. Spread potatoes in one layer on a large sheet pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. At least once or twice during cooking, remove pan from the oven and turn potatoes over, scraping the pan well with a large non-stick spatula. Remember that hot potatoes really hold their heat so I always serve them up a few minutes early on the kids' plates.

1 comment:

Danika said...

Looks very similar to the potatoes I do! But I use a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix. And I mix it in a large plastic ziploc bag (so no bowls to wash).

I will have to try the Ranch dressing ones sometime.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin