Herbed Rice

I came up with this rice to go with baked white fish and sauce; a great combination! Try any combination of spices you have; this is what I use and it turns out good... unfortunately I rarely measure in cooking so these amounts are my best estimation :)

In a medium saucepan, put 2 1/2 cups water. Add about one teaspoon chicken bullion granules (instant bullion) or one chicken bullion cube, two generous pinches of dried parsley, a pinch or two each of dried crushed mint and basil, and a dash or two each of garlic powder, onion salt, and dried lemon peel. Bring to a boil over high heat; once boiling add 1 cup of white rice (regular, not instant). Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy!

I like to put my fish fillet on top of a bed of this rice, and then spoon some of the sauce over the whole thing. Serves four.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin